Monday, May 20, 2013

Getting Dumber Every Day

What happens when the one-legged investor meets Dumb and Dumber?

Voila!

This presentation is very useful as it provides a template for my analysis. If I can get my thoughts in some decent semblance of order, I will attempt a post of past investment experiences based on the framework set out by Zeke Ashton in his excellent presentation found in the link above.

I leave you, dear readers, with the following proposition: "stock selection is a misnomer, the investing process in the main largely involves stock elimination."

2 comments:

John said...

Terrifc. I've been looking for this pdf for a while. I only have the scribd link.

Btw, for your final riddle,
this is what Nassim Taleb called "via Negativa", or what Munger said "Invert, always invert".

Peter Phan said...

Happy to be of assistance.

The riddle is linked to the idea of not making elementary mistakes ie beginners tennis vs professional tennis. Also a byproduct of my bewilderment in sorting through, from A to Z, all the deadwoods, hanger-ons and deadbeats listed on the ASX.