Thursday, April 3, 2014

Current Rereadings



Every time I suspect that I am about to do something stupid (and not necessarily limited to investments), I think of Charlie.  Needless to say, I think of Charlie a lot.




It is unfortunate that this book was written before the advent of the Apple iPhone and iPads which redefined the industry. Nevertheless, it contains lessons of ungodly importance if one is to succeed in investments.



Excellent content hides behind the cheesy title. Chapter One alone is worth 10x the price of this book. Unfortunately, some readers will learn the wrong lessons, judging by the popularity of spin-offs in recent years.

I believe these 3 books, together with the seminal Intelligent Investor, are likely to be all that is required for an average investor to get an edge in the markets, if the correct lessons are learned and applied diligently. It also helps immensely if one is reminded of Charlie constantly.






No comments: